2015.11.21 - 2015.11.21
HoW Session - Queerness
In collaboration with Goldsmiths, University of London and Valand Academy, Gothenburg, this session will Interrogate the politicization of identity and celebration of non-conformist ambiguity.
House of Words (HoW) refers to “la Casa de la Palabra” – a traditional meeting place common in Equatorial Guinea and some African societies providing a hub for oral history, storytelling, performance, and ritual. GIBCA 2015’s HoW functions as a social platform for multidisciplinary discussion, exchange, and collaboration throughout the biennial and beyond.
HoW has hosted 4 sessions of roundtable conversations focusing on themes that directly reference GIBCA 2015's curatorial framework. Join us on the 21st of November for the 5th and final session during the final closing weekend of GIBCA 2015.
HoW session #5 QUEERNESS - In collaboration with Goldsmiths, University of London and Valand Academy, Gothenburg, will Interrogate the politicization of identity and celebration of non-conformist ambiguity. Invited storytellers will share personal experiences relating to the theme and the audience will be invited to ask questions as we go along.
**We are offering soup and snacks to all who attend, and as always the event is FREE and open to all. Välkommna!
- Gavin Butt, artist and art historian, professor Goldsmiths, University of London, UK
- Dr. Henriette Gunkel, Lecturer in Visual Cultures, Goldsmiths, University of London
- Tanya Charif - artist, aktivist, founder of G.I.A Gays In Angered
- Hannah Heilmann, artist and lecturer, Royal Academy of Art, Copenhagen
- Mary Coble, artist and professor, Valand Academy
- Anna Linder, artist, curator and researcher, Valand Academy
Aukje Lepoutre Ravn - Artistic Director of GIBCA 2015 & Curator of Röda Sten Konsthall will be the host for the evening.
All of the curated round-table conversations are be held in English.
Please note that the maximum capacity of HoW is 60 people. First come, first served.